Saturday, April 11, 2020

My journey to be a lawyer at age 28

Hello everyone,

I hope all our readers are safe with your family and together let's stay at home to fight Covid19 virus. Wash your hand frequently with soap or alcohol based hand sanitizers.

             2020 is not a good year to start with. Covid19 which started from China has spread throughout the world. Psychologically, we might feel depressed with the enforcement of the lock down or the movement restriction order from the government as we need to stay home for a certain of period. But I believe all this measures are to protect us from the dangerous virus. So stay at home and take care of the social distancing from others.

               Back to main topic, this year I have started my second bachelor degree in LAW at the age of 28. At the same time, I also working full time in IT industry. Working and study as part time is not an easy task. You need to sacrifice your rest especially sleep and keeping that hectic schedule for 3 years at least. BUT.. This post I want to give an encouragement to other people out there and to one who reading this, there's nothing impossible to achieve. You just need the courage to face the challenges and keep strong.

                One of you might asking why the hell I am starting my second degree in LAW at the age of 28? Becoming a lawyer was my dream since I was in a high school. I studied really hard to strive all the subjects in the national exams for college entrance. I did well in the end:") but at that point of time my parents insisted me to enroll technical course which at first I really against it. I started my first bachelor degree specifically in IT and managed to graduated (read: I don't really know how I can survive every semester and I even insisted to do my final year project alone instead of group). After I have completed my first bachelor degree, I have started working in oil and gas company. From there, I learnt lot of things and met lots of successful and smart people all around the world.

                Particularly on 2018,I received an offer to pursue Master's degree in Software Engineering. I took the offer since I was doing automation job at my current role and might be the knowledge that I learn from the class can help me with the daily jobs. After going through one semester, I started to think this is not something that I want to pursue in my whole life doing IT. But I do admit having knowledge of IT is really help me in creating good profile in my career path.

                 There was this one time, my manager told me a story about his friend which he started his career in IT and he changed his career to Legal in the company. He started with his study as part time and he passed the CLP exam and he became a lawyer in the end. Then, it started me thinking what have I been doing in my life? Then I started to think a way how to pursue my study either through public or private institutions. I made a few connections with Legal industry and found a a best way to pursue my second bachelor degree. Now I am proud to say that I am one of the students studying Bachelor Degree of Law from University of London.

                 Since this pandemic occur all around the world right now, the class has been postponed and everthing were conducted online based which is good. I will start my induction soon and class soon and the thought of that make me feel so happy. I couldn't imagine I actually in the process to achieve that dream even tho I had to go through very hard way to find this path. So to my dear readers, there's no age limit to achieve your dream or sometimes you might think it is too late to start or begin with but it is not! I hope this part 1 post will inspire some of you to chase your dreams.

"It's never too late. Don't focus on what was taken away. Find something to replace it, and acknowledge the blessing you have - Drew Barrymoew"


Stay safe!

-Diba

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik